skip to Main Content

Note: P-1 visas are issued to certain entertainers, circus artists, and athletes who wish to work temporarily in the U.S.

Outstanding athletes may apply for this visa in order to compete in the U.S., either as individuals or as members of an internationally recognized athletic team. Entertainment groups with an outstanding international reputation can be granted P-1 classification as a unit; however individual entertainers within these groups cannot apply for P-1 visas to perform separate from the group.

Note:P-1 visas can also be granted to essential support personnel of P-1 athletes and entertainment groups.

Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are permitted to accompany you to the United States, under P-4 status. P-4 visa holders are not allowed to work, but may attend schools or colleges. Servants of a P-1 visa holder may receive a B-1 visa with work authorization.

Back To Top